Producer, composer, and educator in the Nashville market with an MMus from Belmont. Portfolio includes studio recordings, live events, church musicals, school bands and independent films.
Experience as an Educator:
Instructor, Recording Technologies II, Bethel University Spring 2014
Instructor, WOR 341: Technologies for Worship, Williamson Christian College Fall 2011, Spring 2013, Spring 2014
Instructor, PWM 216: Computer Assisted Music Notation, Cincinnati Christian University Winter Terms 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, MUT 102: Music Fundamentals, Belmont University 2007-2009
Music Staff, Music City Drum and Bugle Corps December 2014 – present
Librarian/ Copyist, Christmas with Jennifer nettles, Nashville symphony, JIM GRAY Conductor/ arranger November 2016
Composer, Dance Network, new over-the-top streaming network October 2015- Present
- Original music for branding elements.
Arranger, Spirit of Carey, William Carey University, Hattiesburg March 2015- Present
- Original orchestrations for 60 piece touring ensemble.
Composer, Heaven Bound, faith-based comedy feature film January 2015- Present
- Original music for underscore.
Pre-production Music Coordinator, The Matchbreaker, romantic comedy starring Christina Grimmie February 2014-Present
- Music clearances for three vintage pop songs
- Original composition “I’m Just Funny That Way” for female lead.
Music Preparation, The War Room, 2015 film by Alex and Steven Kendrick February 2015
- Edit and print parts for 43 cues for 65 orchestral musicians.
- Composed by Paul Mills, Orchestrated by David Davidson and Steve Mauldin
Music Preparation, Joy! Unspeakable Joy! 2015 Christmas musical, Word Music January 2015
- Arranged by Steve Maudlin.
Classical Music Critic, ArtsNash Webmagazine, Nashville, TN September 2013- December 2014
- Review chamber concerts, composers showcases, and opera.
Music Preparation, Jesus Saves, 2015 Easter Musical, Brentwood-Benson December 2014
- Arranged by Russell Mauldin.
Associate Producer, Christer Tepper, 2014 EP by Christer Tepper Ministries June, November 2014
- Brought producer Rick Eldridge to Nashville for virtuoso violinist crossover project. (June)
- Largest orchestra ever assembled at The Tracking Room Studios
- Recorded additional material in November in preparation for “Jerusalem 2015.” event
Copyist, Tim Ruslow Big Band Christmas, 2014 Album by Tim Rushlow June 2014
- Edit and print parts for 18-piece big band for major label release
Presenter, Tennessee Association of Craft Artists Spring Workshop March 2014
Media Director, The Face of Grace, Christmas Production at West Jackson Baptist December 2013
- designed custom videos for key choir songs
- designed and operated “Environmental Projections” for production.
Presenter, Association of Christian College Music Educators National Conference September 2013
- ProTools vs Logic Breakout session
Orchestrator, Gallatin, by Tim Hassall March 2013
- pop/rock record in the style of Graceland.
Host, Creators Workday Unconference, Nashville, TN January 2013
- One-day workshop event for 40 creatives at Emma’s Bistro
- Lined up relevant professional development speakers
- Wrote press & marketing copy carried by the Nashville Scene, Metro Nashville Arts Commission.
Director, Soundcrawl 2013, Nashville, TN April 2009- November 2013
- Led volunteer staff of 8 in the execution of a five-day multimedia festival
- Secured 170k in in-kind national sponsorships
- Curated a call for works which received 450 submissions from 25 countries.
- Managed 12 guests artists on site
Technical Director, Killer Tribes Conference, Nashville, TN March 2012
- Produced media content
- Designed sets
- Systems operator during two-day event.
Technology Consultant, Arts at the Airport, Nashville, TN August 2012
- Researched and prepared solutions for proposed new media installations at the CONRAC facility.
- Presented to the board, receiving unanimous acceptance.
Strategy Consultant, Nashville Cultural Arts Project, Nashville, TN July 2012
- Prepared strategic analysis of NCAP’s peers and competitors in Nashville.
- SWOT Analyzed 25 area organizations in written report.
Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA
- Graduate Certificate in Theology and the Arts (in Progress)
Belmont University, Nashville, TN
- Master’s of Music in Composition
University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- Bachelor’s of Music Education, Cum Laude
- Artsnash.com, November 25, 2014 “Chatterbird Makes Auspicious Debut With Its Otherworldly Sounds at AbrasiveMedia”
- Artsnash.com, May 30, 2014 “Intimacy, Humor and Beauty Converge in Nashville Ballet’s Emergence”
- Artsnash.com, March 18, 2014 “Music City Baroque plays Telemann’s music Telemann’s way”
- Artsnash.com, November 8, 2013 “Belmont Opera Theatre hits all the right notes in Figaro”
- Artsnash.com, October 30, 2013 “At Blair Composers Concert, its ‘good night noises everywhere’”
- Artsnash.com, October 29, 2013 “Nashville Composer Collective Makes Auspicious Debut”
- Paper presented at the Southeastern College Art Conference, October 18-20, 2012 Durham, North Carolina “1,000 True Fans: has the internet replaced patronage?”
- The Stone-Campbell Journal 15.2, October 2012 “Review of Rock-a-my Soul, by David Nantais”
- The Stone-Campbell Journal 15.2, October 2012 “Review Creator Spirit by Stephen Guthrie”
- MoreatStake.com, 2011 “What I Learned at Friday Night Church”
- Collide Magazine (now echohub.com), 2011 “They Need better stories”
- Collide Magazine (now echohub.com), 2011 “Secular Music in Sacred Settings”
- Christian Standard, February 7, 2011 “Improvisation is Hard Work”
- The Instrumentalist, September, 2008 “What I Learned in Drum Corps”
- Journey Community Church, Franklin TN
- Nashville Composer Collective
- Christian Fellowship of Art Music Composers
- International Christian Visual Media
- Artists in Christian Testimony, Intl.
- Board of Directors, Nashville Cultural Arts Project
- Ben Arment’s 2010 Dream Year program
- President’s Award/First Prize, Belmont Composition Contest 2008, Belmont University
- Honorable Mention, Pathways Composition Contest for Young Band, 2009
- Carolina Crown Drum and Bugle Corps, Student Leadership Team 2003-2005
- Most Versatile Thespian, HCHS 2002
- Eagle Scout