– The Tennessean - http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/tag/kyle-baker/
“Classically trained musician Kyle Baker strives to reinterpret the way individuals interact with art and sound. His secret ingredient is technology.”
– Joe Nolan, Nashville Arts Magazine, December 2012 - http://issuu.com/nashvilleartsmagazine/docs/issuunamdec2012/95
“Artober 2012′s most ambitious, successful happening was the Soundcrawl festival at Brick Factory”
– Tony Youngblood, Circuit Benders Ball - http://www.theatreintangible.com/tag/tony-youngblood/
I don’t know how Soundcrawl director and co-founder Kyle Baker does it. I have enough trouble organizing a one-day festival.
– Adrienne Outlaw, Country Life Blog (the Nashville Scene) - http://www.nashvillescene.com/countrylife/archives/2012/08/23/influential-but-overlooked-a-list-by-adrienne-outlaw
“quite smart and understands how to make connections with a huge variety of people”
– John Pitcher, Nashville Scene - http://artsnash.com/author/john_pitcher/
Kyle Baker is one of Nashville’s most thoughtful, daring and lyrically gifted composers.
I was honored to be invited to contribute my thoughts on recent sound installation at Nashville’s premiere non-profit contemporary art gallery: Seed Space. My thoughts are below; the full exhibition brochure is at http://seedspace.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Smallwood-Brochure-Final.pdf Scott Smallwood deflty stands at the convergence of four streams of activity with his most recent installation, Hideout, at Seed [...]
I’m pleased to share this regional update from NUMBER, the venerable arts journal of the mid-south. The full edition can be found at http://www.numberinc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/No74.pdf.
Hi! Welcome to my site. What’s an impresario? A hundred years ago, impresarios were the creators who put together operas and ballets. They’d gather the team: composers, writers, choreographers, set designers, etc, find the money, book the hall and produce the show. One of the most famous (from whom I draw some real inspiration) [...]